Trending Now
recent

7 Things you'd love about night shifts

Ever been in night shift! By night shift I mean real night shift, say 10 PM to Morning 7 AM. I know, it sounds horrible and indeed it was my biggest nightmare until I fell prey to it. However you will never feel the same once you figure out how to enjoy it. 



I have been working in US hours since a while now. Initially I had to use Mr. Bean method to keep my eyes open after 1 AM (roll your eyes above :P) but now I have figured out ways to make most out of it and yes I love it now (Kinda :P).

Let us come to the point, the 7 things you can get while doing night shifts :

1. Embrace the Ultimate Peace
If you are some one who gets disturbed by little distractions, then here you go this is for you. If you work in night shifts then you can go ahead with your works with little or no distractions at all. Its been a boon for me as I easily get distracted by pretty girls (tongue out :D :D). 
To add, if you are someone who likes to spend time reading books, this is for you. You will have ample time and complete focus on what you are reading.

Source : Wikimedia

2. Magical feeling of getting food
Well alike the company we have some tea stalls that are open 24/7.
I guess they actually support the employees 24*7. Tea and vada at 3 AM, what else can you ask from life.

Source : Wikimedia 
3. New Friends 
I am talking about the security people who will see you as a friend once they know
you are on the same boat. They will help you out in case of any issues later. Like one accompanies me for tea sometimes.

4. Laziness is in the Air
As everyone will be fighting the same battle, 
No one will expect you to be fast and really alert. You will feel things moving in the spectacular "Matrix" way. I laughed a lot, when I see people sleeping on chairs and falling down. I laugh at them, so do they when I follow them (of course you get it).

Source : Wikimedia

5. Improve your skill set : Take some course
Unlike the people who do day jobs can't afford to do so, its because no one takes a class at night. Here you go night shifter you got one more reason to cheer. 
Take me, I took Hadoop course and successfully completed it as well. Next I m planning to take up SEO for my blogs (teeth showing :D :D).

6. Sedans for Pick-Drop
Most of the MNC provide free pick drop for their odd work hour employees. 
So  you will picked and dropped like a king with sedans and the driver always 
thinks you are some higher authority. Ha Ha.

Source : Flickr
7. And of course, The money
Its standard in every company to provide with extra compensation for odd 
working hour employees. And it varies from 7000-16000 according to client 
and company. So extra bucks means extra fun,Cheers.

I know these seven reasons are not enough to make night shift a better place to work but yes seeing some positive aspects will make you take it in a better way.

I pray none gets this to face but if you do, make most of it.

Unknown

Unknown

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.